Real Estate - Friday 8/1 at the Fillmore - SF
I have three tickets to see Real Estate at the Fillmore this Friday (8/1) that I can’t use. $22 each if any of you Bay Area tumblrs are interested.
this article is so, so good.
- on wednesday i took myself to see obvious child. it was fantastic - funny, charming, sad, honest, etc. go see it. also gabby hoffman is my spirit animal. i have loved her since now and then, and i’m so glad she’s acting again.
- somehow i managed to get the quickly sold out tickets to see lena dunham talk in san francisco in october. so excited. (i know opinions about her are mixed, but i happen to be a huge fan.)
- i need someone to figure out why it is impossible to get a good bagel outside of the ny metropolitan area. i keep hoping that the next deli i go to here will have good ones, but i am invariably disappointed. i’ve heard theories about water and elevation, but i find those hard to believe. needless to say, i’m already working out in anticipation of how many bagels i will eat when i’m back in nyc in august. (same goes for black and white cookies.)
- perhaps you’ve heard of edan lepucki, whose book, california, was featured on the colbert report in his segment about the amazon/hachette wars. full disclosure: i have not read the book yet (still finishing the secret history), but i went to her reading in oakland, and it was great. (i happen to take bar method with her, and she’s a super nice person as well.) if you’re in nyc, you should go see her and emma straub (the vacationers) at mcnally jackson next week.
- i inadvertently got j hooked on orphan black, and now i have to wait until he’s free to start watching season 2. ugh. related: is there a way to watch season 2 for free?
- in sondheim related updates: i’m going with two of my coworkers to see a production of into the woods tonight. i also discovered this amazing tumblr: fuckyeahstephensondheim. not sure how i wasn’t aware of this earlier.